Axio Examiner for Biology
Examination and Patch-Clamp Experiments on Nerve Cells and Brain Slices
The Upright Microscope for Your Favorite Patch Clamp Technique
Axio Examiner is a fixed stage microscope for examination and patch-clamp experiments on nerve cells and brain slices.
The whole design of Axio Examiner was optimized for low vibration, generous room for micromanipulation and patch clamp accessories. Use Axio Examiner for your demanding low noise single channel recordings: All motors switch off as soon as they have reached their target positions. In addition, you can press a button to actuate active grounding. This ensures that any potentials still present leak off completely.
Leave running experiments undisturbed: Control all motorized functions remotely via the docking station or ZEN imaging software.
- ETake advantage of the flexible stand design with two lower bodies, four upper bodies and a number of interfaces. The stand versions are .A1, .D1 and .Z1.
- EChoose from motorization options for z-drive, transmitted light shutter, condenser drive, reflector turret or reflected light shutter. All motors disconnect from the power supply automatically after reaching their target position. The motor-off function gives additional active grounding.
- EMove the objective instead of the sample when focusing on a fixed stage microscope.
- EThe sample space is accessible from the sides and front, and can be extended to 100 mm.
- EThe new LD Plan-APOCHROMAT 20x/1.0 objective lets you penetrate into intact cleared tissue down to a depth of 6 mm on a confocal laser scanning or multiphoton microscope, using the scale technique.
- EOblique illumination is integrated into every condenser with a modulator disk which can be rotated through 360 degrees.
Observe neuron networks in brains that are fully intact: the objective LD Plan-APOCHROMAT 20x/1.0 lets you penetrate into tissue to a depth of up to almost six millimeters and image your sample with excellent sub-cellular resolution.
LD Plan-APOCHROMAT 20x/1.0 opens up a new dimension of optical penetration depth into cleared biological samples – particularly into the brains of mammals. Look deeper into the tissue than ever before – up to six times deeper than with a conventional multiphoton microscope and up to 60 times deeper than with conventional laser scanning microscopy.
You will be impressed by the quality of structural information you retrieve, even from the deepest layers: expect a big push forward, especially in basic neurobiological research and mapping of neuron networks.
Use this objective for both laser scanning and multiphoton microscopy. Set up for multi-fluorescence experiments. You even conduct spectral imaging.
Histological cutting procedures are a thing of the past with LD Plan-APOCHROMAT 20x/1.0. Reconstruct tissue elements such as cell groups and cellular components more clearly, faster and more reliably in 3D. There’s no need to apply mechanical cuts so you will avoid gaps that could impede or even prevent reconstruction.
LD Plan-APOCHROMAT 20x/1.0 is only available for your Axio Examiner system.